|Protection type||Payments||Fixed sum
||'Free look' period|
Here's what you're covered for in the event of an accident:
- Loss of life
- Total and permanent disability
- Option to protect yourself, or your entire family
- 24/7 worldwide coverage - all year round
- 'Free look' period - cancel your policy within 30 days and provided no claims have been made in that period, you'll get a full premium refund back - no questions asked
Get an idea of what you'll pay per month, for your premium - see the table below.
|PLAN 1||PLAN 2||PLAN 3|
|Loss of life indemnity, total and permanent disability, permanent partial disability due to accident||JOD 20,000||JOD 30,000||JOD 50,000|
|Annual premium||JOD 28.8||JOD 43.2||JOD 72|
You can get Personal Accident Insurance if:
- You're a Jordanian or have Jordanian residency
- You're aged between 18 and 69 years old. This applies to your spouse as well
- Your children are above 3 months and under 19 years of age. Or if they're studying full-time, up to 23 years old. (They must be unmarried and primarily dependent on you)
- You hold accounts or credit cards with HSBC
This policy does not cover any loss or expense caused by or resulting from:
- Intentionally self-inflicted injury, suicide or any attempt thereat while sane or insane; nor
- Being in service or on duty with or undergoing training with any military or police force or paramilitary organisation; nor
- Any period a named Insured is serving in the Armed Forces of any country or international authority, whether in peace or war, and in such an event the company, upon written notification by the insured person, shall return the pro rata premium for any such period of service; nor
- Loss sustained or contracted in consequence of a named insured being intoxicated or under the influence of any narcotic or drug unless administered on the advice of a physician; nor
- Any loss of which a contributing cause was the Named Insured's attempted commission of, or wilful participation in, an illegal act or any violation or attempted violation of the law or resistance to arrest by the named insured; nor
- Any loss sustained while flying in any aircraft or device for aerial navigation except as specifically provided herein; nor
- Bacterial infections except pyogenic infections which are caused by an accidental wound; nor
- Flying in any aircraft owned, leased or operated by or on behalf of:
(a) the named insured or any subsidiary or affiliate of the named insured;
((b) a named insured or any member of a named insured's household; nor
- Driving or riding as a passenger in or on
(a) any vehicle engaged in any race, speed test or endurance test or
(b) any vehicle being used for acrobatic or stunt driving; nor
- Any claim caused by opportunistic infection or malignant neoplasm, or any other sickness condition, if, at the time of the claim, the Named Insured had been diagnosed as having AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), ARC (AIDS Related Complex) or having an antibody positive blood test to HIV (Human Immune Virus); nor
- Terrorism, including any action taken in hindering or defending against an actual or expected incident of Terrorism; nor
- The use, release or escape of nuclear materials that directly or indirectly results in nuclear reaction or radiation or radioactive contamination; nor
- The dispersal or application of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials; nor
- The release of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials; nor
- Any loss sustained while the named insured is participating in any professional sports, or in sky diving, parachuting, hand gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, mountain climbing, pot-holding; nor
- Any loss resulting directly or indirectly contributed or aggravated or prolonged by child birth or from pregnancy
Exclusions have been kept to a minimum on this page. Details of full exclusions will be available on the policy terms and conditions.
How much is my spouse insured for?
Your spouse is insured for the same amount as you, if you choose the 'Family' option.
How much is the insurance payment if my spouse and I die in the same accident?
The insurance company will pay each Principal Sum Insured amount that you have chosen for yourself and your spouse.
To whom will the benefits be paid to, if my spouse and I both die?
The benefits will be paid to the beneficiary named in the policy. In the event the beneficiary is the spouse, then the benefits will paid to the legal heirs of the insured person.
What is the principal sum insured for each of my children?
If you choose the family option, each of your children are insured for 10% of the amount of insurance for yourself or your spouse.
Can all of my children be insured in the family option?
Yes, the premium for the family option covers all children in your family between the ages of 6 months and 18 years (unless still in full-time education).
Am I insured when I'm travelling overseas?
Yes. HSBC Personal Accident insurance provides you with worldwide coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Do I have to use an HSBC credit card to pay the premium?
No, you can pay with any credit card. You just have to have a relationship with HSBC to be eligible for the Personal Accident insurance plan.
What if I leave HSBC, can I still keep my insurance coverage?
Accidents happen. Be prepared. Cover you and your family for any kind of personal accident, anywhere in the world.